Tuesday, September 19, 2006

New Music!!!


So... this weekend I picked up some new music. First, I got a copy of Bruce Springsteen's We Shall Overcome the Pete Seeger Sessions. It's pretty great, and lots of fun. It's pretty folky all around, but at times it's got some fun cajun feel, and is generally a likeable good time of a disc.

I also picked up Yo La Tengo's new CD I Am Not Afraid of You and I will Beat Your Ass. Admitedly, it's a funny title for an album, but there are some good tracks. I'm not convinced that I love this CD but the tracks I liked and that caused me to buy it in the first place are generally pretty fun, and I'm willing to give it a few more listens to see if I made a mistake or if I change my mind.

In other music news, I'm trying to gather my thoughts to suggest songs to my brother and Kristi for their wedding reception. I'm excited to help in this regard, but I keep putting it off. It's one of my goals for the week.

Feel free to submit ideas via comments!

Alright... well... it's a rainy day in Fairfield and Lyndsey and I are off to the movies tonight. Tonight's selection is Last Kiss, which I've been thinking of as Garden State Part II. I hope to not be disappointed!!! Last movie we saw was Black Dhalia on Friday night, and oh, was that disturbing! Holy crap! I do not recommend unless you're looking to be deeply troubled. Also, it was too long and the ending was very muddled. Okay... enough for now, more tomorrow.

No comments: