Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Moon & Antarctica

This morning I accompanied my happy drive to work (read the previous post for more details) by listening to Modest Mouse's classic and excellent album the Moon & Antarctica. This CD is riddled with goodness, and while Good News for People Who like Bad News really took Modest Mouse to a rediculously new level of fame and fortune, this CD remains, to my mind, the definitive album by this band. If you have no idea what I'm talking about or are unfamiliar with this album, it is very much worth your time. Notable great tracks include Tiny Cities Made of Ashes, I Came as a Rat, and 3rd Planet. This morning I was also enjoying the song Wild Pack of Family Dogs... one I never paid tons of attention to before, but a fun and short little tune. Pitchfork review of this album.

No comments: