Monday, April 02, 2007

Things that make me happy

Happy April everybody!

The month is off to a good start, as Lyndsey and I had a very restful weekend and I'm pumped to get down to work today. Also, having completed a generally successful conference last week, I'm now ready to get down to some non-conference-related work including promoting the release of my company's new book project (more details to follow)... but for now I'll just say that pre-orders are possible on Amazon!

In other interesting news to start the month, I learned on Friday that I know the guy who created the Hillary 1984 ad. Okay, so if you're not a super-crazy political junkie who bounces around the political blogs a few times a week... you might not have caught the thing, but it has received over 3 million hits on You Tube, so I know some of you must have.

Phil, the creator, worked with me for a little while at KaBOOM!, and was technically on our kickball team (although, like a number of players on our kickball team, I don't think Phil actually played any kickball. At one point he claimed he was allergic to grass). I'll post both the video he created and an interview later today, but I was pretty psyched to hear about this. Mainly, I was psyched because the ad that caused such as stir struck me from the get-go as a smart and well done hack... nice to know that the guy behind it is a pretty down-to-earth, reasonable, smart dude.

Okay, that's all for now. I'm off to do that whole digging into work thing.

+ John

No comments: