Thursday, June 26, 2008

Late Night Throw-back (Burgertime!)


That's right, it's Burgertime! A friend got me thinking about Apple IIc games today, and I found that there's an exhaustive list of games for the IIc listed on wikipedia (no big surprise there, actually), and as I started to scroll down, the first thing that caught my eye was Burgertime. I recognized others, but this game was definitely a classic of my childhood, this and Dig Dug!

I don't really know what else to say, except that this brought a huge smile to my face, as I suppose childhood memories are supposed to.

4 comments:

Stamford Talk said...

Oh. I thought you were having people over for Burgers. Sigh.

charlie said...

Burgertime is the monomyth of video games. Its also an allegory for class struggle. Spread the good word!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QJGHzjXfss

Matt said...

Oh my, the hours I spent assembling burgers in that game.

This needs to be a downloadable game for the Wii so that you can use the Wiimote to shake pepper at your opponents!

John said...

Dude... i think you can download Dig Dug for the Wii. I don't know how it is that I didn't immediately notify you when I saw this on wikipedia, but if you're curious you should go to the Apple II games page linked in this Burgertime Post and click on the page about Dig Dug. I swear, they say it's downloadable.

Also, you should check out the previous commenter's youtube video. It's pretty awesome.