Thursday, April 05, 2007

OH! Almost forgot

Movies!

This week I've seen some amazing Movies. WOW! Really good week for movies:

I finally saw Babel... and it's very good. It's bleak in many ways, but extremely well done, and I highly recommend it (unless you're already feeling down because it's not a feel-good-happy-go-lucky breath of fresh air kinda movie... yes I got tired of hyphenating just now). So, Babel was a pretty good start, but even better is the next one!

Children of Men. Okay, seriously this is an incredibly good movie. Again, not super happy but I feel that it's far from a bleak (bleek?) film. It's so incredibly well done, and so visually striking, that I hope you check it out, if you haven't. Clive Owen turns in a great preformance, Julianne Moore is great, Chiwetel Ejiofor is also very good, and Michael Caine is pretty great too... very well done.

Finally, before I watched either of these, I celebrated Alan Arkin winning the oscar this year by adding a whole slew of his movies to my Netflix cue. Soon I'll have Catch 22, but earlier this week I saw Mother Night, and man was it good. I've never heard much about this film, but it's very well done, a truly well told story, and it's full of good preformances, including a great turn by Nick Nolte as the main character. He's an actor I can't say I've ever found incredibly remarkable, but he does a great job in this. Arkin is great too, as is John Goodman. I would recommend this almost as highly as I just recommended Children of Men... and with that, I'm going to jump off my movie soap box.

Have a great night! Oh, and if you like the band Modest Mouse, you should check out a band called Withdrawal... just found them this week, and they're great too! (I hope that link is good.... I'll have to check it later)

No comments: