Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Video: The Folly of Attacking Iran

Holy day-of-posts Batman! Sorry, I can't stop finding things I want to post today. I was on Tom Tomorrow's website, This Modern World and while wandering around I took the 6 minutes required to watch this video that provides a super brief but interesting introduction to the history of America's involvement in Iran's affairs during the 20th Century. The information in the video provides a fascinating backdrop for the current debate about Iran, and a frightening counterpoint to the trumped up rhetoric of the administration. Now don't get me wrong, I think the situation is complex, and one of the things I would say to the credit of the video's producers is that I feel that's where they leave it at the end of 6 minutes. To present something brief that really strongly asserts the idea that this situation is complex and deserving of real care, thought, and delicacy is a pretty remarkable thing. If you have a minute or 6 check it out and leave me a comment with your thoughts.

No comments: