Thursday, August 21, 2008

Toby Keith... Democrat? Interesting.

I've never paid tons of attention to Toby Keith, honestly he's only really ever come on my radar when writing songs about sticking boots up peoples' asses 'cause that's the, "American way," or more recently when I saw writeups claiming a new song is pro-lynching [yikes]. But today I stumbled across a short piece on HuffPo about how Mr. Keith lavished some nice praise on Barack Obama while also identifying himself as a Democrat.

Among other things he said, "So as far as leadership and patriotism goes, I think it's really important that those things have to take place. And I think he's the best Democratic candidate we've had since Bill Clinton. And that's coming from a Democrat."

Wow. Anyway, um... yeah, there you go.

No comments: